Trends come and go, some stay for a long time, others quickly disappear. Sometimes trends go in opposite directions. Here are some recent brand identity trends:
- Hand-drawn illustrations, sketchy lines and doodles – like in dropbox.
- Flat design with minimal depth, colors or motion. This kind of design is versatile, creates high usability and faster loading times.
- Movie and cartoon influences – such as super heroes.
- Dramatic and playful typography like handwritten fonts, Serif and large CAPS
- Pixels and playful geometric lines from video games, the 80s and 90s.
- 2D animation and graphics bring visuals to life – but not too much
- Mimimalism in logo design – flat, subtle, negative space, mono-lines.
- Print inspiration – retro design, inspired by printing processes, consisting of rich textures and print effects.
- Random distortions and deconstructions of layouts.