Online and digital are an integral part of our lives – like oxygen.
- Media segmentation is no longer vertical. Media channels are horizontal and screens are everywhere, while the most important screen is our phone.
- Media saturation – Media owners assume people have spare time to read, watch and listen to what they are advertising. They design adverts with the assumption that people have spare capacity and time – which they don’t.
- Our devices are blurred. A TV can be a screen we watch, a consumption channel, the internet. You can watch TV on your TV, computer, phone.
- Phones (small screens) present the opportunity for intimate, more personalised data.
- AR and VR transform the way we look at advertising.
- Chatbots create exciting new interactions with brands.
- The new web will be more predictive – telling us what we are looking for while we are still searching.